So I actually started this piece on day 1 and finished it late on day 2, but it’s for day 3. Go figure. I also completed day 4 but that gets it’s own post. 🙂
So for this piece I honestly had an idea and a plan of what I wanted to do. What I ended up with… isn’t the same thing. Which isn’t that unusual. My initial inspiration came from a foggy commute to work earlier this week. I wanted muted greyish-greens that started out very light and faded and progressively got darker. I think I went off the rails with the pattern/space I used for each layer; it just wasn’t working to me, so I added a few splatters of green and then some purple. When I was sure this wasn’t working how my brain saw things, I just said “oh, well” and added the purple and ended up with “Faultlines” instead. And I like what I ended up with.
Day 3 – “Faultlines”
Watercolor on paper
4″ x 6″